Introduced by AIA Hong Kong, “AIA Vitality” is an incentivised wellness programme which redefines the traditional concept of insurance. The game-changing programme comprises three steps, namely, ‘Know your Health’, ‘Improve your Health’ and ‘Enjoy the Rewards’, to help customers take charge of their health and be rewarded. Following the inclusion of “Super Good Health” Medical Plan 2, AIA Hong Kong has newly added two more products, making it a total of three for the AIA Vitality Series:
- “Super Good Health” Medical Plan 2
- “CEO Essence” Medical Plan (newly added)
- “Cancer Guardian” Series: “Cancer Guardian”, “Cancer Guardian Plus” and “Cancer Guardian Mega” (newly added)
Customers who successfully apply for any of the above products and join as members1 of “AIA Vitality” will enjoy an upfront premium discount of 10% for the first policy year2, 3, 4 , in addition to a number of lifestyle rewards from 16 partners. Customers can also earn AIA Vitality Points to extend the privileged premium discounts up to 15%.
Mr. Jacky Chan, Chief Executive Officer of AIA Hong Kong and Macau, said, “AIA provides a full suite of medical solutions to meet different customers’ needs for quality medical protection. These solutions serve as a shield for customers against the burden of rising medical costs. We understand prevention is better than cure and motivate customers to lead healthier lives by presenting them with instant benefits through the game-changing ‘AIA Vitality’ programme. By offering customers comprehensive medical protection and encouraging them to pursue a healthier lifestyle, we are reinforcing our brand promise as ‘The Real Life Company’.”
Built on a science-backed wellness programme, the comprehensive and well-structured “AIA Vitality” encourages customers to become healthier and rewards them for the healthy choices they make with an innovative mechanism of incentives. Besides premium discounts, customers can take advantage of fabulous discounts and offers5 from programme partners including medical screening privileges, discounted sports equipment, fresh fruit and vegetables discounts, free movie tickets and travel discounts etc.
From now until 25 November, the first 3,000 customers who successfully apply for “AIA Vitality” membership will receive a welcome gift comprising a HK$500 voucher for Mannings or Market Place by Jason and a Welcome Kit. This offer is limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
AIA Vitality Series:
“CEO Essence” Medical Plan
AIA Hong Kong’s “CEO Essence” Medical Plan has received overwhelming response from the market. The plan fully reimburses major medical expenses6 for hospitalisation, surgery and rehabilitation with no benefit sub-limit for major benefit items (subject to the terms and conditions of the Policy). It provides an Annual Limit of HK$10 million per coverage year and an Overall Lifetime Limit as high as HK$25 million with geographical cover throughout Asia including Australia and New Zealand. In addition, customers can choose from three deductible amounts7 (HK$25,000, HK$16,000 and HK$0) to fit their budget and meet their individual needs. The plan also features a no-claim deductible discount and offers a 10% discount8 on the amount of deductible for every two consecutive years of cover in which no reimbursements are made. The discount will apply from the following cover year and can be accumulated up to 100%.
“Cancer Guardian” Series: “Cancer Guardian”, “Cancer Guardian Plus” and “Cancer Guardian Mega”
Specially designed for cancer protection, “Cancer Guardian” series is comprised of three cancer reimbursement medical plans, namely, “Cancer Guardian Mega”, “Cancer Guardian Plus” and “Cancer Guardian”. With premiums as low as a few Hong Kong dollars per day9 , customers who purchase “Cancer Guardian” can enjoy a Lifetime Cancer Limit up to HK$3 million (the limit Per Covered Cancer is HK$1 million). The full range of protection benefits for the treatment of cancer includes diagnostic examination, cancer treatment, reconstructive surgery and post-treatment monitoring. The plans reimburse all medical expenses related to the inpatient10 or outpatient expenses incurred for consultation or treatment due to a Covered Cancer or any related complication. In addition, “Cancer Guardian Mega” and “Cancer Guardian Plus” are unique for its “Target Protection Benefit” 11 . If a customer is diagnosed with any Covered Cancer classified as stage four or a target cancer (liver, brain, blood cancer or lymphoma), the limit Per Covered Cancer is increased by an additional 50%12 .
“Super Good Health” Medical Plan 2
“Super Good Health” Medical Plan 2 offers customers the flexibility to choose their own doctor or select a doctor in AIA’s medical network which stretches across multiple medical disciplines. Customers can further add a Supplemental Major Medical Benefits Rider (SMM) to their plan, so that they are compensated for specified items that exceed applicable maximum limits payable for benefits covered by the basic plan. By making use of AIA’s medical network services, customers can enjoy higher maximum benefit limits than non-network doctors. The reimbursement percentage of SMM is also higher than that for Non-network Benefit. “Super Good Health” Hospital and Surgical Rider 2 are also available for other customers to attach to other basic insurance plans to enhance their medical protection.
Key features of “Super Good Health” Medical Plan 2 include
- Lifetime guaranteed renewal arrangement13 and three options of room type (Ward Plan, Semi-Private Plan and Standard Private Plan);
- Additional coverage offered by quality medical network – includes specialist’s fees, hospital companion bed benefit, pre-/post-surgery outpatient consultation, and chiropractor / physiotherapist consultation and daily post-surgery home nursing benefits14 for Ward Plan;
- Simple claim procedure with Network Card – booking for outpatient surgeries15 at the medical network clinics with the electronic “Network Card” will save customers the hassle of settling bills16 and claim settlement.
For more details on “AIA Vitality”, please visit aiavitality.com.hk.
- An annual membership fee of HK$300 is required and must be the Life Insured of the in-force “AIA Vitality” Series insurance policy.
- Please visit AIA’s website aia.com.hk for details on the insurance products included in the “AIA Vitality” programme.
- The applicants for “AIA Vitality” must be aged 18 or above and must be the Life Insured of the in-force “AIA Vitality” Series insurance policy.
- Premium discounts are applicable to standard premium only (additional premium not included).
- Please refer to the member’s handbook or visit aiavitality.com.hk for details of partners and offers.
- Subject to a maximum Annual Limit of HK$/MOP 10 million, an Overall Lifetime Limit of HK$/MOP 25 million, deductible amounts, the “Reasonable and Customary” charges as stated in “Important Notes” of the product brochure and the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policy. Benefit items are subject to respective cover / maximum limits set out in the Schedule of Benefits attached to the Policy.
- The premium will be adjusted based on the selected deductible amount and the attained age of the Insured.
- The discount applies to the original deductible amount of your plan, and will be reset to 0% in the next cover year upon claim payment, such that the full deductible will apply to any claim payment in the next coverage year.
- Premium stated is non- guaranteed. Premium payable is calculated according to the Insured’s attained age and the applicable premium at the time of application or renewal of this cover. Premium will increase with the increase of age and AIA will regularly (not less than once per year) review the impact of medical inflation and claim performance on premium. The figure is rounded up to the nearest dollar.
- The benefits payable for Confinement is based on the charge level of Semi-Private Room. If the Insured is confined in a room of a class higher than Semi-Private Room, the benefits payable will be reduced by multiplying an adjustment factor (“Adjustment Factor”). The Adjustment Factor is calculated by dividing the daily room charge of a Semi-Private Room in the Hospital admitted by the Insured by the daily actual room charge of each such days of Confinement. “Semi-Private Room” means a twin or double occupancy room in a Hospital with two patient beds (not including companion bed) and one adjoining bathroom.
- For purposes of payment of the Target Protection Benefit, where a Covered Cancer (any covered cancer classified as stage four, liver cancer, brain cancer, blood cancer or lymphoma) (“Subsequent Relevant Cancer”) is claimed following an Immediately Preceding Cancer suffered by the Insured, the Subsequent Relevant Cancer will be regarded as one and the same Covered Cancer as the Immediately Preceding Cancer unless Diagnosed after the Five-Year Cancer Waiting Period in respect of the Immediately Preceding Cancer.
- The extra 50% Target Protection Benefit does not count towards the Lifetime Cancer Limit.
- Renewal of this plan is guaranteed, but the premium is not fixed. The renewal premium will be based on the applicable premium for the attained age of the Insured at the time of renewal. Premium may increase with the increase of age and we will regularly (not less than once per year) review the impact of medical inflation and claim performance on premium. As a result, premium may be adjusted in order to continuously provide customers with long term medical protection. By giving a 30-day prior notice in writing, we reserve the right to revise or adjust the benefit structure, premium and any other items of plan details.
- For the plans of Semi-Private and Standard Private, this benefit item is offered under Network Benefit and Non-Network Benefit.
- The specified surgical procedures are listed in the Policy contract.
- Prior to the surgery, the Network Clinic will submit a Prior-Authorisation Request to AIA directly for the Clinical Surgery charge of the Insured and will bill AIA directly for payment of covered charges for the approved surgery up to the applicable coverage limit. In case there is a shortfall for the surgery, AIA will recover the shortfall from the Policy Owner..
The above information is for reference only. For details please refer to the product brochure and the terms and conditions of the Policy contract.