AIA Hong Kong (the “Company”) announced today a host of new innovative digital initiatives to exemplify its commitment to deliver enhanced customer experience. AIA iShop, the Company’s brand-new online insurance purchase platform, enables existing customers to find and obtain suitable protection in as fast as three minutes and at the same time benefit from the professional services tailored by AIA Hong Kong’s high-quality financial planners.
Mr. Peter Crewe, Chief Executive Officer of AIA Hong Kong & Macau, said, “As AIA Hong Kong achieves a major milestone of now serving over three million customers^, we are also pleased to announce the launch of AIA iShop, our brand-new online insurance purchase platform. This powerful digital initiative is designed to not only effectively address and satisfy customers’ digital preferences and habits, but also support AIA Hong Kong’s key undertaking of bringing together the best of technology to deliver a convenient, fast and easy digital purchase experience to our customers. It marks a major achievement in AIA Hong Kong’s digital journey and delivers an additional customer engagement channel that responds to customer needs, bringing to life our promise to help people live healthier, longer, better lives.
As a leading insurer, AIA Hong Kong proudly differentiates itself by placing customers at the heart of its long-term strategy. We are committed to supporting our products and services with digital technology where it can make a material difference to customer experience. Our aim is to drive a step change in the experience that these technology and tools provide and transform customer engagement.”
Complete application process in as fast as three minutes, three steps – key features of AIA iShop (ishop.aia.com.hk) include:
- Convenient: Instant quotation allows customers to obtain a price quotation immediately to help evaluate suitability. Customers can purchase their preferred products right away and also access real-time policy status updates to check the application progress.
- Fast: Online policy application can be completed in three minutes, three steps. Some personal particulars are pre-filled for existing customers upon logging in to shorten application time.
- Easy Digital Purchase Experience: Live chat function can instantly answer customer’s questions during the application process and a confirmation email will be sent out immediately upon application completion. Secure payment channel also offers customers peace of mind when making payments.
- Broad Product Suite: A suite of nine insurance products spanning life protection, medical protection, accident protection, as well as savings and general insurance categories.
Financial planners deliver personalised and professional customer services:
AIA iShop will notify existing customers' servicing financial planners of their successful iShop purchase for follow up, and new customers can choose to be assigned with a dedicated financial planner for servicing.
“AIA Connect” will also roll out three brand new functions to enhance customer experience:
“AIA Connect” enables AIA Hong Kong and Macau customers to manage comprehensively their individual life and group policies, MPF and AIA Vitality wellness programme through one single platform, allowing them to conveniently manage their policies and provident funds, submit claims, make doctor appointments…and more.
- Investment Portfolio Management: AIA Hong Kong customers can have a consolidated view of both their individual life policies of investment-linked assurance schemes and MPF details on one single user interface, enabling them to access fund switching and manage their portfolio anytime, anywhere.
- Benefit Calculator: AIA Hong Kong leads the industry by giving instant feedback on the difference between projected medical expense amount and policy cover to give policyholders more transparency and help them better manage their medical expenses.
- One-Claim Submission: A single, convenient and easy access window for individual life and employee benefits customers to submit claims. All eligible benefits under individual life and employee benefits will be calculated and settled in one go according to the respective benefit covers automatically.
From now until 31 July 2018, customers can enter the Digital Platforms Promotion Campaign* and win coffee e-coupons by successfully registering for e-Bankin service. Customers can also receive additional coffee coupons for successfully adding or updating their email and enrolling in e-Advice or i-Contract services. All coffee e-coupons will be distributed through “AIA Connect.”
^ As at 31 march 2018
* For enquiries on the Digital Platforms Promotion Campaign, please call the promotion hotline (852) 2232 8888 or click here to visit our website.