1. Refers to “Covered Duration of Participation”, which refers to within the duration of a covered running event, starting from the assigned start time and ending when the insured withdraws from such event or crosses the finish line, including any period during which emergency medical assistance is rendered to the insured by a paramedic or registered medical practitioner immediately after the insured withdraws or crosses the finish line, but excluding any period before the covered running event begins or any time spent waiting for or attending events held following the covered running event (e.g. award ceremony).
2. Competitions refer to covered run which is mass participation running competitions or charity runs that satisfies all of the following: (a) has a minimum of 50 participants; (b) except in the case of a charity run or sponsored event without registration fee, charges a registration fee of up to HK$5,000 per participant; (c) is open to the general public, or is organised or sponsored by AIA; (d) wholly takes place within the borders of the same country; (e) covering a distance and / or course equal to or greater than 3,000m; (f) wholly takes place up to an altitude of 2000m; (g) has paramedic service available on site; and (h) exclusively involves a Covered Running Activity, including cross country running, marathons, road running and trail running, but not including any multi-discipline sport with running as one of the elements.
3. If the insured suffers an unprovoked attack by a wild boar, porcupine, dog, snake, cattle or monkey within the Covered Duration of Participation and is treated at a hospital or outpatient clinic as a result, the plan will pay Wild Nature Benefit according to the severity of the injury.
4. The insured suffers and survives cardiac arrest.
5. The insured suffers a state of unconsciousness that persists continuously for at least 48 hours, due to an accident.
6. Terms & conditions of “AIA iShop” Runner Guard Promotion (“Promotional Offer”): The campaign period is from 2 November 2018 to 30 November 2018 (Hong Kong time) (“Campaign Period”). Customers will enjoy one 2018-19 AIA Carnival e-ticket with 10 carnival tokens upon each successful application of Runner Guard 3-day plan or above (3 days, 30 days, 90 days plan) on “AIA iShop” within the Campaign Period. The 2018-19 AIA Carnival ticket will be emailed to policy holder’s correspondence email address in the application on or before 18 January 2019. The employees and financial planners of AIA are eligible to participate in this Campaign. AIA International Limited has no obligation to verify the accuracy of the email address of the policy owner. AIA International Limited will not responsible for any loss induced by the accuracy of the email address. Participants commit to the organiser* that they ensure that all written or submitted information, including personal communication details, are true and correct, neither fraudulent nor misappropriated from any third party. The 2018-19 AIA Carnival ticket is only available while stock lasts. In case of any disputes, the decision of AIA International Limited shall be final. Prize will not be re-issued in case of loss or damage. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution by winners is permitted. AIA is not the supplier of the prizes for this campaign. Any disputes arising from the use or enjoyment of the prizes shall be resolved between the winners and relevant suppliers. Prize redemption is subject to the operational terms and conditions of the suppliers. AIA shall not be responsible or liable in any way. AIA International Limited reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Promotional Offer anytime without any prior notice. AIA International Limited reserves the right to interpret these terms and conditions. For any dispute arising from this campaign, AIA reserves the right of final decision. Participants’ enrollment in this Campaign will serve as their consent to agree and accept the above terms and conditions. *“organiser”, “AIA”, “AIA Hong Kong” herein refers to AIA International Limited