AIA Hong Kong today announces the launch of “AIA Voluntary Health Insurance Privilege Scheme” (AVPR), offering customers an additional choice of certified “Flexi Plan” under the Government’s Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS). Upon the purchase of any specified basic plans, customers can apply for this plan and enjoy up to HKD50 million Lifetime Benefit Limit at a premium less than HKD7.80# per day, plus a suite of highly competitive and superior medical benefits, including full cover2 for outpatient care1 for unlimited times within a specified period before and after hospitalisation or surgery, and full cover2 for cancer treatments. Customers are also entitled to a range of additional medical services provided by AIA’s all-in-one medical services platform: AIA CARE+, including worldwide cashless hospitalisation3. In addition, AIA has always been at the forefront of product development and innovation, and has earned much public recognition. According to the findings of a recent survey conducted by international research and data analysis firm YouGov, AIA is the most preferred brand* for VHIS by Hong Kong people, underlining AIA’s strengths and leading position in the VHIS market.
For example, a 22-year-old insured person can enjoy up to HKD50 million Lifetime Benefit Limit for only less than HKD7.80# per day. Customers who successfully apply for AVPR during the promotion period can enjoy up to 5.5 months’ premium refund+. Customers can enjoy an instant 10% premium discount for the first year by becoming an AIA Vitality member^.
Ms. Bonnie Tse, General Manager, Strategy and Wealth Management of AIA Hong Kong & Macau, said, “The general public is becoming increasingly health conscious and is looking for more comprehensive and flexible medical cover. AVPR is a solid answer to customers seeking top-tier medical protection and care services. This plan provides comprehensive cover at an affordable premium, plus up to 5.5-months’ premium refund+ during the promotional period. With the tax season ending soon, people should make the most of the tax deduction@ schemes and plan for appropriate health cover for themselves and their families as soon as possible. Moreover, I am very pleased that AIA is the most preferred brand* for people looking to purchase VHIS, which is indeed a testament to AIA's superb products and services, and our commitment to helping people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.”
Key features of “AIA Voluntary Health Insurance Privilege Scheme"
- Affordable premium: For a premium less than HKD7.80 per day#, customers can enjoy up to HKD50 million Lifetime Benefit Limit and HKD10 million Annual Benefit Limit, with lifetime guaranteed renewal.
- Full cover2 for outpatient care1 for unlimited times within specified period before and after hospitalisation or surgery:
- Prior outpatient visits: (i) Customer has full cover2 for unlimited times within 30 days before each admission or day case procedure; (ii) Customer has full cover2 for one visit that is more than 30 days before each admission or day case procedure.
- Follow-up outpatient visits: Customer has full cover2 for unlimited times within 90 days after each hospital discharge or completion of day case procedure. He/She is also entitled to 4 visits of dietitian consultation, at HKD680 per visit.
- Full cover2 for cancer treatments: This plan also provides enhanced support for cancer patients with full cover2 for cancer surgery and non-surgical treatments of radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy and related consultations, medications and diagnostic tests.
- AIA’s all-in-one medical services platform: AIA CARE+ offers a range of additional medical services, including:
- Worldwide hassle-free medical payment3: Customers can enjoy the convenience of “cashless hospitalisation” in Asia, the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Personal Medical Case Management Services: Through a global network of world-class medical experts, customers in need can receive third-party independent professional advice and ongoing support, ensuring that they receive appropriate and effective treatment solutions and support.
- High-quality medical network: With a group of multi-disciplinary medical specialists and a wide selection of advanced day case medical centres, customers can opt for a safe and convenient alternative to hospitals.
- Worldwide emergency assistance: Customers abroad can call the 24-hour worldwide assistance hotline for any emergency support.
- Full cover for unknown pre-existing conditions: Full cover2 (subject to the benefit limit) for unknown pre-existing conditions starting from the 31st day of the first policy year, which is shorter than the minimum requirement of 3-year waiting period under the Standard Plan of VHIS.
- Lower ward class cash benefit4: HKD1,200 per day (maximum 60 days per policy year) for staying in a room that is in a lower ward class than the covered room type.
- No claim medical check-up services~: Customers will be rewarded with a free medical check-up services once a year if no claim is paid for the previous policy year.
- Flexible options to suit personal needs: This plan allows customers to choose from three different annual deductible choices: HKD/USD0, HKD16,000/USD2,000 and HKD25,000/USD3,125 to cater for their personal needs and budgets for medical protection.
- AIA Vitality Member^ benefits: Customers who become AIA Vitality members^ can enjoy an instant 10% premium discount for the first year.