AIA Hong Kong today announces the launch of “AIA Voluntary Health Insurance Privilege Plus Scheme” (AVPP), offering customers seeking top-tier medical protection an all-encompassing choice that features up to HKD50 million Lifetime Benefit Limit. Moreover, customers will be rewarded with a premium discount of up to 15% if no claim is made, thus encouraging them to adopt a healthy lifestyle. AVPP’s superb medical cover includes: full cover1for cancer treatments, and full cover1 for outpatient care2 for unlimited times within a specified period before and after hospitalisation or surgery. Customers are also entitled to a range of additional medical services provided by AIA’s all-in-one medical services platform: AIA CARE++, including worldwide cashless hospitalisation3 and Personal Medical Case Management Services. AVPP is AIA Hong Kong’s latest choice of certified “Flexi Plan” under the Government’s Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS).
Customers who successfully apply for AVPP during the promotion period can enjoy up to 5.5 months’ premium refund++. Customers can also enjoy an instant 10% premium discount for the first year by becoming an AIA Vitality member^.
AIA has been relentless in product innovation and service enhancement, and its endeavours have been well recognised by the public. According to the findings of a recent survey conducted by international research and data analysis firm YouGov, AIA is the most preferred brand* for VHIS by Hong Kong people, reflecting public trust in AIA Hong Kong and its leading position in the VHIS market.
Mr. Ip Man Kit, VHIS Lead, Chief Operations Officer at AIA Hong Kong & Macau, said, “Health is of the utmost concern to the public. The newly-launched AVPP not only provides comprehensive top-tier medical protection and recovery support, but also offers up to 15% of no claim discount on premium to encourage a healthy lifestyle. Moreover, the plan is eligible for a tax deduction. With the tax season ending soon, people should make the most of the tax deduction@ schemes – act now to plan for appropriate health cover for themselves and their families according to their needs, and stand ready for Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.”
Key features of “AIA Voluntary Health Insurance Privilege Plus Scheme"
- High benefit limits for life: Customers can enjoy up to HKD50 million Lifetime Benefit Limit and HKD10 million Annual Benefit Limit, with lifetime guaranteed renewal.
- Up to 15% of no claim discount on premium: This plan encourages customers to maintain healthy living habits by rewarding them with a no claim discount on premium, up to 15% of the total premium paid for the preceding policy year. Premium discounts# are as follows:
- If no claim is made for 3 consecutive policy years: 5% discount on premium#
- If no claim is made for 4 consecutive policy years: 10% discount on premium#
- If no claim is made for 5 or more consecutive policy years: 15% discount on premium#
- Full cover1 for outpatient care2 for unlimited times within specified period before and after hospitalisation or surgery:
- Prior outpatient visits: (i) Customer has full cover1 for unlimited times within 30 days before each admission or day case procedure; (ii) Customer has full cover1 for one visit that is more than 30 days before each admission or day case procedure.
- Follow-up outpatient visits: Customer has full cover1 for unlimited times within 90 days after each hospital discharge or completion of day case procedure. He/She is also entitled to 4 visits of dietitian consultation, at HKD680 per visit.
- Full cover1 for cancer treatments: This plan also provides enhanced support for cancer patients with full cover1 for cancer surgery and non-surgical treatments of radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy and related consultations, medications and diagnostic tests.
- AIA’s all-in-one medical services platform: AIA CARE++ offers a range of additional medical services, including:
- Worldwide hassle-free medical payment3: Customers can enjoy the convenience of “cashless hospitalisation” in Asia, the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Personal Medical Case Management Services: Through a global network of world-class medical experts, customers in need can receive third-party independent professional advice and ongoing support, ensuring that they receive appropriate and effective treatment solutions and support.
- High-quality medical network: With a group of multi-disciplinary medical specialists and a wide selection of advanced day case medical centres, customers can opt for a safe and convenient alternative to hospitals.
- Worldwide emergency assistance: Customers abroad can call the 24-hour worldwide assistance hotline for any emergency support.
- Full cover for unknown pre-existing conditions: Full cover1 (subject to the benefit limit) for unknown pre-existing conditions starting from the 31st day of the first policy year, which is shorter than the minimum requirement of 3-year waiting period under the Standard Plan of VHIS.
- Lower ward class cash benefit4: HKD1,200 per day (maximum 60 days per policy year) for staying in a room that is in a lower ward class than the covered room type.
- Flexible options to suit personal needs: This plan allows customers to choose from three different annual deductible choices: HKD/USD0, HKD16,000/USD2,000 and HKD25,000/USD3,125 to cater for their personal needs and budgets for medical protection.
- AIA Vitality Member^ benefits: Customers who become AIA Vitality members^ can enjoy an instant 10% premium discount for the first year.