With the adoption of Technology, Digital, and Analytics (TDA) in full swing, AIA Hong Kong aims to further enhance customer experience through new digital interactive approaches. The Company announces today the launch of "Care for You 24" – its first scenario-based protection that revolves around customers’ lifestyle touchpoints and scenarios – to offer instant cover for their purchases. "Care for You 24" represents AIA Hong Kong’s first venture into partnership with digital platforms. The collaboration with Bloom, a local start-up and consumer app, enables customers to complete the entire journey of cover application and claim procedures1 for purchases made at designated merchants via the mobile app with ease.
At a low premium of only HKD7.8, the successful applicant for "Care for You 24" will enjoy instant cover for accidental loss in function2 of their purchase3 within 24 hours. Other purchases3 made at designated merchants within the 31-day cover period will also enjoy the 24-hour protection. Claims can be settled in as fast as 24 hours. The first 10,000 customers who successfully apply for "Care for You 24" during the promotion period will enjoy a one-time premium waiver4 and a brand-new shopping experience with protection that accentuates simplicity, convenience and speed.
AIA Hong Kong continues to enhance the total customer experience with its TDA-driven optimisation of services, processes and products, and has made remarkable achievements on different fronts. Customers’ e-adoption rate on buy, service and claim increased by 12 percentage points from 2019 to 2020. Chatbot utilisation rate has seen an over two-fold increase since its launch in 2018. In the first 10 months of 2021, nearly 100% of fund switching instructions were made via electronic channels.
Ms. Bonnie Tse, Chief Customer, Strategy and Transformation Officer of AIA Hong Kong & Macau, said: “We know that Hong Kong people love shopping. ‘Care for You 24’ offers customers a brand-new hassle-free shopping experience at a low premium. The entire journey from policy application through to claim submission resonates with the public’s quest for a shopping experience that exemplifies simplicity, convenience and speed. ‘Care for You 24’ further demonstrates AIA Hong Kong’s commitment to TDA and underlines its drive to collaborate with different digital platforms as a key business strategy to actively broaden touchpoints with customers. Adhering to our customer-centric philosophy, we will make protection a part of customers’ everyday life to tend to their every need and enhance customer experience, helping them to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.”
Key Features of “Care for You 24”
- Benefit Details – Protect the covered items3 (total amount of money paid for the goods as printed on the receipt is at least HKD500) during the cover period if an accidental loss in function happens within 24 hours of the purchase time:
- Cover 50% of the purchase price of the covered item(s);
- Up to HKD500 cover per receipt; and
- Overall annual limit of HKD1,500.
- Cover Period – Other purchases3 made by the customer at designated merchants within the 31-day cover period also enjoy protection within 24 hours of purchase2.
- Simple and Fast Claims – Customers can make a claim1 via the app within three days from when the accidental loss happens. They should complete the claim form, provide the receipt and other documents showing the purchase time, purchase price, model, merchant’s name, and photos or video showing the condition of the covered item(s). Claims can be settled in as soon as 24 hours upon completion of relevant procedures.
AIA Hong Kong’s Remarkable TDA Achievements
Since AIA Hong Kong embarked on its TDA strategy, it has made notable results on different fronts, including:
- E-adoption rate on buy, service and claim increased by 12 percentage points from 2019 to 2020.
- Since its launch in 2018, Chatbot utilisation rate has seen an over two-fold increase.
- In October 2021, more than 50% of medical claim submissions by group insurance customers were made electronically, among which 80% of claims were settled within three days.
- As of October 2021, more than 60% of MPF tax-deductible voluntary contribution (TVC) account applications were made through electronic channels.
- In the first 10 months of 2021, nearly 100% of fund switching instructions were made electronically.