With the exception of emergency medical evacuation, repatriation benefit and compassionate death benefit, the plan will not cover losses or expenses resulting from or relating to the following cases:
- pre-existing conditions.
- any kind of disease or illness.
- any treatment or investigation which is not medically necessary or in accordance with generally accepted professional standards of medical practice.
- war, declared or undeclared, invasion, civil war, revolution, or any warlike operation.
- violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest.
- the insured member engaging in or taking part in naval, military or air force service or operations.
- any fees and medical services which are not reasonable and customary.
- treatment for dental care or surgery, unless needed as a result of accidental injury to sound natural teeth.
- cosmetic or plastic surgery, or any elective surgery or congenital anomalies, apart from reconstructive surgery required by an accident.
- childbirth, miscarriage, pregnancy or any resulting complications.
- mental, nervous or sleep disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse, or any other resulting complications, or accidents caused by and whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- entering, exiting, operating, servicing, or being transported by any aerial device except when the insured member is on any properly licensed private and/or commercial passenger aircraft.
- the insured member engaging in a sport as a professional.
- suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury.
- assault, murder, riot, civil commotion or strikes, or making an arrest while the insured member is employed as a police officer or cadet officer or member of the Correctional Services Department.
- assault, murder, riot, civil commotion or strikes while the insured member is employed as a fireman or is on duty as a fireman in the course of extinguishing fires or protecting life and property in case of fire.
Emergency medical evacuation, repatriation benefit and compassionate death benefit are subject to a separate set of exclusions as set out in the policy contract. The above exclusion list is for illustrative purposes only. Please refer to the policy contract for the complete list and details of exclusions.