AIA has been providing customers with a comprehensive range of protection and financial planning solutions, catering to their needs at different life stages and bringing them positive impact. Recently, AIA was ranked in Kantar BrandZ™'s Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands for the sixth consecutive year, while also being the only Hong Kong brand in this global ranking survey this year. AIA was also honoured at the Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Awards for the 18th consecutive year – being named Asia Trusted Brand and winning top awards in the Insurance and Provident Fund categories.
AIA achieved excellent results in Kantar BrandZ™'s Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands survey:
- Ranked among Kantar BrandZ™'s Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands for the sixth consecutive year;
- Being the only Hong Kong brand in this global ranking this year;
- AIA's brand value reached US$20.6 billion, an increase of nearly 16% from US$17.8 billion last year.
AIA received three top honours at the Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Awards:
- AIA Hong Kong won the “Platinum Trusted Brand Award – Insurance Company for Hong Kong” for the eighth consecutive year. It is the grand award in the category and the winner has to score significantly higher than the runner-up to win this award;
- AIA Group won the “Asia Trusted Brand Award – Insurance Company”. The winner of this award has to stand out from its peers in at least three markets;
- AIA Hong Kong won the “Gold Trusted Brand Award – Provident Fund for Hong Kong” for the sixth time.
Mr. Alger Fung, Chief Executive Officer of AIA Hong Kong & Macau, said, “Brand value comes from superb products and quality services, and corporate reputation derives from public recognition. AIA has made the global ranking and been winning these prestigious brand awards for many years in a row. This is a recognition for our persistence in delivering the highest standards in various areas, which have earned us the complete trust of our customers. We will continue to closely monitor our customers' needs and provide them with appropriate products and services, fostering a great customer experience and helping them to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.”
Conducted by Kantar, the world-leading data, insights and consulting company, the Kantar BrandZ™ Most Valuable Global Brands ranking is now in its 15th year. Since 1998, Kantar BrandZ™ has shared brand-building insights with business leaders based on interviews with over four million consumers for 18,000 brands in 51 markets. Kantar's annual global and local brand valuation rankings combine rigorously analysed financial data with extensive brand equity research. The brand value and ranking is measured by the business performance of each brand.
Winners of the Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Awards are selected according to the results of the publication's annual Trusted Brand Survey, which is one of the most credible of its kind in Asia. Marking its 23rd year, the survey interviewed 8,000 consumers from five countries and regions in Asia. Respondents were asked to choose their most trusted brand in each product and service category based on six qualitative criteria: trustworthiness and credibility, quality, value, understanding of customer needs, innovation and social responsibility.