- Encouraging customers to embrace a healthier lifestyle
- Up to an 86-day interest-free repayment period on insurance premiums
- Unlimited 3X Bonus Points reward on Wellness spending
The Bank of East Asia, Limited ("BEA" or the "Bank") and AIA Hong Kong today announce the launch of the BEA AIA Credit Card, which comes as an expansion of the two companies' exclusive bancassurance partnership that commenced in July 2021.
Promoting healthy living has long been of prime importance for both BEA and AIA Hong Kong. The launch of the BEA AIA Credit Card is their latest collaboration on that front, designed to offer convenient and flexible premium payment options for both BEA and AIA's customers, and incentivise cardholders to adopt a healthier lifestyle through various Wellness spending rewards.
The BEA AIA Credit Card turns your daily eligible spending into a range of privileges and offers, including:
- Insurance premium spending offer:
- Apart from enjoying Bonus Points reward for the eligible local and overseas transactions, cardholders who settle the premiums of AIA Hong Kong insurance policies with the BEA AIA Credit Card can enjoy an unlimited Bonus Points reward (HK$1 = 1 Bonus Point) and up to an 86-day interest-free repayment period.
- For hassle and worry-free insurance payments, customers have the choice to apply for a flexible premium instalment plan easily with no approval required, at a monthly flat rate of 0.165% (3.78% APR).
- Wellness spending rewards:
- Customers will be entitled to earn an unlimited 3X Bonus Points to reward them for making healthy lifestyle choices when spending at designated merchants, which span a wide range of medical service providers, as well as Live Well, and green and healthy merchants.
Commenting on the launch, Ms Shirley Wong, General Manager and Head of Personal Banking Division of BEA, said, "Our partnership with AIA Hong Kong has commenced over a year ago and we have since seen promising results, recently expanding the distribution of AIA's products from life to general insurance. Today, we further strengthen this partnership by launching a co-branded credit card that delivers great value and incentives for both BEA and AIA's customers to adopt a healthy lifestyle."
Mr Roy Suen, Chief Partnership Distribution Officer of AIA Hong Kong & Macau, said, "People are increasingly more conscious of pursuing a healthy and green lifestyle. AIA Hong Kong's collaboration with BEA on this new co-branded credit card further integrates consumption with healthy lifestyle. From the card's spending rewards to exclusive privilege offerings, they all aim to motivate customers to easily maintain a healthy lifestyle while caring for the environment through daily spending, thus helping people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives."
Ms Helena Chen, Managing Director, Hong Kong and Macau, Mastercard, said, "Mastercard has always emphasized the importance of well-being, which is the focus of the partnership expansion between BEA and AIA to provide customers with a new payment option. By enabling consumers to enjoy rewards and offers for wellness spending facilitated by seamless, flexible and secure digital payments, Mastercard strives to inspire consumers to live a healthier lifestyle."
Customers who successfully apply for the BEA AIA Credit Card during the promotional period can choose to receive a complimentary selected medical check-up plan (worth up to HK$700) or a HK$300 cash rebate. Additionally, cardholders will automatically be entered into a lucky draw with guaranteed prizes, and be in for a chance to win the Grand Prize of 1,000,000 Asia Miles (converted from 8,000,000 Bonus Points based on 8 Bonus Points = 1 Asia Mile, which can redeem 5 round-trip First class tickets to London) when they spend with the card. With no limit on the number of entries, the more customers spend, the higher their chances of winning.
To apply for the BEA AIA Credit Card, customers may visit BEA's website, any BEA branch, or reach out to any AIA Financial Planners. For offer details, please refer to the appendix below. For more information about the BEA AIA Credit Card, please visit www.hkbea.com/aiacard or call the BEA Credit Card Customer Service Hotline on (852) 3608 6618.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!