Employee Choice Arrangement ("ECA")
If you switch jobs, it's simple to transfer your ECA benefits7 from another service provider to your AIA MPF Personal Account to consolidate your savings and earn the rewards from potential growth. Once a year, you can switch a portion of your mandatory contributions to an MPF provider of your choice.
Types of accrued benefits transferable under ECA:
- Employer portion under current employment - Non-transferable
- Employee portion under current employment - Transferable once a year
- All from former employment or self-employment - Transferable at any time
3 Steps for transfer
We will make all necessary arrangements.
Once transfer is completed, we will send you a Transfer Confirmation Notice, and your previous provider will send you a Transfer Statement.
- The above information is for reference only and is not and should not be taken as financial or investment advice, offer or solicitation to subscribe for any investment products (including MPF scheme). Investment involves risk, investment performance and returns may go down as well as up, and past performance is not indicative of future performance. Not all investment choices provided by AIA would be suitable for everyone. Before making any investment decision, you must carefully assess your own risk tolerance level and financial circumstances, and refer to the relevant MPF Scheme Brochure for details (including risk factors and charges). If you are in doubt about the above information, you should seek independent professional advice. The above information has not been reviewed by the SFC.
- The end date for the assessment period of the above awards is 31 December 2023 and the awards are for reference only. The ratings and awards are given on the basis of MPF Ratings' assessment criteria. Assessment criteria include, but are not limited to, investment performance, scheme governance, fund choice, administration and management, financial education, and use of applied technology, Assets Under Management, ease of use of online platforms, contribution payment methods and ease of use, and promotion of environmentally friendly measures, etc.
- Please click here for MPF Ratings' assessment criteria.
- Funds with a Fund Expense Ratio (FER) of ≦1.3% or management fees, plus guarantee charges if applicable, of ≦1%. Source: MPFA website, data as at 28 February 2023.
- Per annum of net asset value.
- Except for Guaranteed Portfolio which participants are permitted to raise only one switch request out of this fund to other fund(s) within the same scheme year. Switches or reallocations via the Interactive Voice Response System or Interactive Website are free of charge, but subject to an access fee (which is currently waived).
- Terms & conditions apply, please refer to the programme brochure.
- "ECA benefits" means the transferrable accrued benefits under the Employee Choice Arrangement (the "ECA") i.e., the accrued benefits derived from the employee's mandatory contributions during current employment and/or the mandatory contributions from former employment in contribution account.